COVID-19 Notice and Procedures
Cool Beans Therapy Clubhouse is opening Skill Improvement Groups with the following safety precautions and changes as recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), state and local governments (Note: all groups require a minimum of 3 participants and a maximum of 6 participants; if the minimum requirement is not met, parents will be contacted and provided an alternative option):
- The therapist will apply hand sanitizer at the start of each session as well as wear a mask throughout the entirety of all in-person sessions.
- All equipment will be thoroughly sanitized before and after each session. All surfaces (i.e. door handles, tabletops, puzzles, games, equipment) will continue to be cleaned and disinfected prior to each session, whether or not it was used in a previous session.
- All group participants will have temperatures taken at the start of each session. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or above will be asked to return home and that session will be cancelled at that time. Date, time, and temperatures will be documented with parent signature required to maintain compliance and accountability with state mandates and CDC recommended safety precautions.
- All participants will apply hand sanitizer at the beginning of each session. Assistance will be provided for anyone with such needs.
- If anyone in your household has displayed a fever, flu-like symptoms, or has been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID19 please stay home to self-quarantine and cancel any in-person appointments you have at Cool Beans. I will be happy to work with you to schedule Telehealth sessions throughout your household quarantine, postpone sessions, or provide practice activities and resources to continue working toward goals. Parents will be sent a form through the CBTC portal acknowledging the COVID19 precautions and protocols being put in place at Cool Beans Therapy Clubhouse and confirming that ALL persons in your household have not displayed a fever, flu-like symptoms, or been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID19. In order to provide families assurance that CBTC is providing the safest environment possible, services will only be provided to persons with a signed COVID19 acknowledgment form on file.
Additional Procedures for Outdoor Groups
- All participants in the outdoor groups will be required to use a face covering. Due to the nature of some activities, participants may occasionally come within 6 feet of each other. While outdoor activities are preferred for improved ventilation, face coverings are still recommended when unable to maintain a safe social distance. Face coverings are stretchable, breathable, and light-weight. The Neck Gaiter (a bandana) has a filter and is suitable for high-movement children’s activities. One face covering per participant will be included in the registration fee and participants will be allowed to take home face coverings at the conclusion of the final Skill Improvement Group session. Face coverings will be bagged separately and sterilized through a dry-heat sterilization process between each session.
- Parents are permitted to watch from a safe social distance or from the comfort of their car while outdoor groups are in session. *Observers may wish to bring individual seating.
Additional Procedures for Indoor Groups
- Participants for indoor groups are not required to wear a facial covering, but may do so. Face coverings may prove counterproductive to the Social Skills Group objectives related to developing communication, cooperation, and positive exchanges.
- Up to 3 parents (one per participant) may stay in the parent waiting area to observe the session; however, a facial covering is required for all adults. The option to observe will be determined from order of arrival for all indoor groups. Parents choosing to observe the session will be required to have temperatures taken and sign in.