- National Autism Resources
- The OT Toolbox
- The Alert Program
- Learning Without Tears
- The Zones of Regulation
Screen-Free Activity Options
- Activities Without Screens: This is a list of options (with coinciding visuals) for a child to choose fun activities not involving screens.
- Teen Summer Activities (No Screens): A list of 50 non-screen options for a tween/teenager to choose from to help spend their summer days.
- Teen Summer Checklist Schedule: An example of a schedule to help limit screen time while providing a responsibility checklist and provide a way for a tween/teen to determine their own schedule with a little guidance.
Remote Learning Guide
- A Teacher’s Guide to Accommodating Remote Learning for the Autistic Student
- Remote Learning for the Autistic Student
Remote Learning for the ADHD Student
This information is intended to help parents assist with setting up an organized workspace to improve success with independent learning for their child with ADHD. It can be used for any child to help with organization needed for improving transitions, preparedness with materials, work completion, and overall independence. Pictures are included and labeled to demonstrate what an organized workspace for a remote student might look like.
- Remote Learning for the ADHD Student Guide
- Binder with Color Coded Class Information
- Computer Screen - Favorites Menu Bar
- Labeled Agenda/Labeled Journal for Free Writing
- Labeled Binder for Class Info/Labeled Clipboard with Logins
- Labeled Place for Materials Bin and Label Next to Hanging Pencil Bag
- Labeled Place for Multiplication Cards
- Organized Workspace with Materials, Labels, and Schedule
- Remote Learning Schedule with Color Coding
Working from Home - Reducing Interruption
- Stop-Do Not Enter/Please Knock sign for parents who still need to work at home, but might have some difficulty with excessive interruptions from short visitors.
- Limiting Interruptions for Parents Working at Home is information on how to use the door signs.
- Table Rules - I have used these in the past with my son.
- Success with Non-Preferred Activities is information on how to use a token board, modify assignments, and how to get someone off a screen.
- The Work Chart is a token board taken off the internet and the sample token board is what I have used with my son in the past, as well as his teachers.